- Varian Wrynn was born to King Llane Wrynn in the Kingdom of Azeroth and as a youth lived a joyful and prosperous life as prince of Stormwind.
- During the first war, stormwind was invaded and Varian helplessly watched his father, King Llane Wrynn, being brutally murdered by an Orcish rogue, Garona.
- Varian escaped Stormwind with some commanding officers and fled to Lordaeron. There he worked with King Terenas to end the war, and became friends with Arthas.
- Stormwind City was rebuilt and Varian was crowned King. He married, and had a kid name Anduin. Later, however, his wife was killed by Edwin VanCleef.
- On his way to Theramore for a meeting, he was kidnapped by the Defias and held captive. Here Onyxia performed a ritual on him, and Varian was split into two duplicates.
- Both of the duplicates had no recollection of the past. One washed up on the shores of Durotar, and fought as a gladiator in Horde arenas. One went back to Stormwind to act as Onyxia’s puppet.
There's the background leading up to the true badassery. I know, a bit boring, but necessary. Stay tuned for Part Two.