- After defeating Onyxia, Varian took back his spot as King of Stormwind.
- Jaina tried to make peace between Varian and Thrall, but Garrosh (Thrall’s officer at the time) and Varian did not get along.
- Varian oversaw the building of the Stormwind Harbor, and also permitted Death Knights of the Ebon Blade into the Alliance to fight against the scourge.
- After hearing of Bolvar’s death, Varian set out to capture the Undercity, formerly Lordaeron, which was now in control of the Royal Apothecary Society (the undead that bombed the Wrathgate with the New Plague).
- Varian confronts Thrall and declares that peace can never be achieved. Thrall and Varian duel until Jaina teleports Varian, her, and his army back to Stormwind.
- When Rhonin and Jaina Proudmoore try to get Varian to team up with the Horde to kill Yogg-Saron (the death god), Varian completely refuses.
- Varian led an army in the Emerald Nightmare with the help of Malfurion, and also led SI: 7 into Ironforge to rid the city of traitors.
And that’s it. Varian’s a pretty cool character in the Warcraft Universe. He’s written really well, he doesn’t just hate the horde for no reason. He has a deep back-story that keeps the tension between the Alliance and Horde alive. Next post coming Thursday!