- Arthas returns to Northrend, gets attacked by Blood Elves, but is saved by the undead giant spider, Anub’arak, former king of the Nerubian Empire.
- Arthas killed Sapphiron, a mighty blue dragon, and resurrected it as a Frost Wyrm to serve him.
- Arthas and Anub’arak fought a ‘Forgotten one’. An incredibly powerful tentacle-bearing monster thought only to exist in legend. This was their hardest battle yet.
- Arthas reached the base of the Frozen Throne, and was immediately under attack by Naga and Blood Elves, hoping to keep Arthas from becoming all-powerful.
- Battling through the forces, Arthas magically activated the obelisks surrounding the glacier, opening the doors of the Frozen Throne. Illidan was waiting for him.
- Arthas, the soon to be King of the Scourge, and Illidan, the Demon Hunter, fought. This was one of the most badass fights to ever happen on Azeroth.
- Arthas sliced Illidan’s chest with Frostmourne, and walked away the victor.
- As Arthas walked the stairs to the Frozen Throne, the voices of those he betrayed filled his mind. Muradin, Uther, Jaina… He ignored all of them.
- He stood before a suit of armor frozen in ice on top of a throne. With one strike from Frostmourne, Arthas broke the icy prison, and the Frozen Throne exploded.
- Arthas kneeled down, and put on Ner’zhul’s spiky helmet. At that moment, Ner’zhul and Arthas fused into a single, mighty being. The Lich King.
- Arthas later dies in WoW to Tirion Fordring, wielding Ashbringer, a sword forged by Magni Bronzebeard, King of Ironforge, and Muradin’s brother.
- Frostmourne is destroyed and Arthas spends his dying moments with the ghost of his father. (Heart-breaking, I know).
So what do you think? Was Arthas good at heart, and just corrupted by Ner’zhul and the other demonic forces? Did he have good intentions his whole life? Or was it evil from the start? Let me know what you think in the comments below! Thanks for reading!