- Thrall was found as a baby by Aedelas Blackmoore, a human commander who killed Thrall’s parents, and named him ‘Thrall’, which meant slave in Common.
- Blackmoore raised him as a ferocious, but keen Gladiator in Durnholde Keep.
- He was nursed by a human woman, and grew to befriend her daughter, Taretha.
- Blackmoore's abusive beatings both in and out of the ring began to take its toll.
- Taretha created a diversion inside the keep which allowed Thrall to escape.
- After escaping, Thrall got caught by more humans, and shared a cell in a different camp with an Orc who told him about Grom Hellscream, leader of the Warsong clan. When Thrall heard Blackmoore was looking for him, Thrall escaped again.
- Thrall found Grom Hellscream, and was told he was part of the Frostwolf clan.
- Thrall went to the Alterac Mountains to find his clan. There he met Drek’Thar, who told Thrall that he was the son of the deceased chieftain of the Frostwolves.
- Drek’Thar brought Thrall to initiation, and he befriended the spirits of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.
- Thrall took on his rightful role as Chieftain of the Frostwolf clan.
- A stranger came to the village, and challenged the clan’s dignity. Thrall dueled him, and won. It was Orgrim Doomhammer, the Warchief of the Horde.
- It was all a test to see if Thrall really was a great leader. The only man to ever beat Orgrim in a fight before was Thrall’s father.
|Drek'Thar, Thrall's mentor|